If you own a local or regional business of any size, you understand how important it is for potential clients and customers to find your website.
And whether you call it Local SEO, Google Ranking or just simply ‘marketing’ you know that having your website easily found online is a vital component of your overall marketing efforts.
Ok — so what is Local SEO?
When people are searching online for products or services that you offer, you want your website to be easily found (ahead of your competitor’s websites). That’s Local SEO.
Why is Local SEO so important?
Ranking higher on local Google searches is important because when it’s easier to find your website, that will translate into more phone calls, more store visits and more revenue for your business.
How to make Local SEO work for you?
While every business will have different marketing objectives, marketing budgets and resources there are basic components of local website optimization that will act as a foundation for their marketing efforts — and by using these, will put them ahead of most of their competitors.
- Google My Business account so your website shows up on Google Maps / Map Pack
- Optimizing your website pages with meta data, header tags and keyword rich content
- Being included on local directories and citation websites — Yelp, Yellow Pages, Manta, etc.
- Making sure your contact information is consistent across all those websites
- Inbound links or backlinks from other local websites
- Reviews — people absolutely read reviews before they contact you
What other Local marketing efforts should I be doing?
Local companies are often overwhelmed with the marketing options available to them. Having and maintaining a good marketing plan built around your specific goals will help you make the best decisions for your business.
Other outlets may include:
- Google AdWords / Pay Per Click ads — these are the Google listing you pay for
- Email marketing to your clients or prospects
- Social media marketing efforts
- Press releases for ‘news-worthy’ achievements of your business
- Advertising in local media — local papers, local websites, local Facebook ads, etc.
- Advertising in local coupon media — coupon magazines, Valpak, etc.
- Being involved in local marketing groups or trade associations specific to your business
- Being active in your local Chambers of Commerce
- Networking and relationship building
- Local signage — billboards, bus stop ads, lawn signs
Exo Creative can help you with online or traditional marketing efforts as well. We can also create the images that are needed to for advertisements or other content that your company is looking to create.
More Local SEO Resources?
Push away from your competitors: How Local SEO Helps Separate Your Business From Competitors
Local SEO FAQs: Answers to Frequently Asked Questions Great Content for Local Tampa Bay SEO
Managing Local PPC ads: How To Manage Your Local Tampa pr Regional PPC Campaigns Effectively